Sunday, February 12, 2012

Frugal V-Day Plans

For the past several weeks, C. and I have been debating how to celebrate Valentine's Day.  Flowers, candy and a nice meal?  Appetizers and drinks?  Cook a meal together and snuggle in our pajamas?

This is our quandary: we did not get to celebrate Valentine's Day together last year and would like to this year.  I want a reason to don the sexy Target dress I bought a few weeks ago (and I never need a reason to dine out).  However, both of our birthdays are coming up and we're moving in together at the beginning of June.  These events--plus a couple of scheduled vacations to see our families--will cost a sizeable chunk of money throughout the upcoming months.  Not to mention the entire premise of why I started this blog in the first place--I want to get out of debt!

Finally, C. and I decided that we would forgoe exchanging any sort of gifts, and that we'd eat dinner at home.  But we will be heading up to an upscale ATX shopping center called the Domain.  Our evening will be decidedly sophisticated yet reasonable.  For approximately $25-$30 total, we will dine on chocolate fondue and two flights of wine.  Then we'll take a romantic stroll to window shop and admire the tiwnkling tree lights strung throughout the Domain.  I'm excited to go out on the town with my handsome man, and relieved that we will not be dropping a ton of money for the event.

Your Turn: What plans, if any, have you made for Valentine's Day?  What are some of your favorite frugal V-Day or date night events?

No comments:

Post a Comment