Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Friday!

I love teaching.  I have amazing kids and co-workers, and I am generally okay with the long hours of planning, prep work and grading that are part and parcel of my job. 

But taking a Friday off feels so wickedly decadent.  I slept in for one whole extra hour (body clock did not get the memo that I am on vacation today).  I've been sipping coffee, reading my Kindle and surfing the internet in my pjs.  Eventually I'll get up off this couch and do something productive......

And tonight I go to the Houston rodeo with my love C. to watch my other (fantasy) love John Legend sing.

I'm so grateful to have a good, salaried job which enables me to take a day off work without worry.  I'm also excited for all of the (frugal) things I have planned for this month.  Here's to a happy March for ya'll, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment