Monday, May 28, 2012

End of the Month Debt Tally: May

First of all, Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all of the veteran and active military members for serving our country!  It has been a loooong and eventful weekend filled with moving, unpacking, buying items for our new apartment and celebrating summer with close friends.

But more later about the joys of moving in with your significant other.  Here is the breakdown of my three debt categories, as well as my total debt load.

Remaining Balance on Student Loans: $37, 451

Remaining Balance on Lending Club Loan (for credit card): $1, 953.18

Remaining Balance on Car Loan: $6, 901.82

Total as of May 28th, 2012: $46, 306

I have eliminated $535.02 since April and I hope to make even bigger strides in the upcoming months (lifestyle inflation be damned--I will be using my September salary raise to save for retirement/emergencies and pay more towards debt!).  In the meantime, I'm gearing up for summer: trips to Canada and Illinois, planning the dual language program for next year, and enjoying domesticity with my boyfriend.

Your Turn: What are your plans this summer?  Are you making progress towards eliminating debt?  






No comments:

Post a Comment