Wednesday, June 27, 2012

End of the Month Debt Tally: June

Greetings from Canada, fellow bloggers and readers!  As some of you may know, I started this blog to chart my progress in eliminating my obscene amount of debt.  While my priorities have shifted a bit--I also have ambitious savings plans for the short and long-term future--I still want to post my monthly debt progress.  It's high time I get my head out of the proverbial sand and know exactly where I stand in my quest against debt.  So here goes:

Remaining Balance on Student Loans: $37, 306

Remaining Balance on Lending Club Loan (for credit card): $1, 862.84

Remaining Balance on Car Loan: $6, 498.92

Total as of June 27th, 2012: $45, 667.76


The goal is to shrink that number to $45,000 by the end of July.  Though I am not comfortable with having $45,667.76 in debt, I know it is infinitely better than the 5,009.53 that I started this journey with.

In between posts on fashion, summer travels and general life in Austin, TX, I will continue to post my debt load monthly.  But for now, I am going to enjoy the balmy 80 degree weather and scenic views in Southern Ontario.  Hope ya'll are having a fantastic summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment