Friday, March 16, 2012

Cupcakes and Beer

In a couple of days, my boyfriend C. will turn 31.  We've eschewed a weekend trip, presents or any sort of big celebration in general.  Instead, we're planning on dinner at Uncle Billy's, some free SXSW shows, and.....cupcakes and beer.

The former two were C's requests, the latter my own idea.  This morning, Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines and I whipped up some fluffy yellow cupcakes with chocolate almond icing.  I got a "Pick 6" special at H.E.B. and selected a handful of C's all-time favorite beers.

It may not seem like much for a birthday.  But a young relative's recent passing has reminded us to relish the small, everyday moments we have together.  Plus, my boyfriend is a total sucker for any sort of homemade baked good and craft beer.  Since I rarely (read: never) bake for him, I hope that this will be an extra-sepcial surprise.


Here is the finished product:
Happy Birthday, C.!  I love you and look forward to spending several more birthdays with you.

P.S.--There is one cupcake missing.  I had to make sure I wasn't feeding you bad food.  Rest assured, they are delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment