Monday, April 30, 2012

End of the Month Debt Tally: April

   I write this entry approximately four months into my journey, on the eve of my 28th birthday.  So far, I have had some triumphs (like paying one small, annoying student loan debt completely) and minor setbacks (a particularly nasty bout of bronchitis).  I've worked to whittle down more than $50,000 in debt in the midst of a hectic school year and planning a move with my long-term boyfriend.

But enough waxing poetic; here are the numbers:

Remaining Balance on Student Loans: $37, 555
Remaining Balance on Lending Club: $2, 042.89

Remaining Balance on Car Loan: $7, 243.13

Total as of April 30th, 2012: $46, 841.02

Not my most impressive monthly total, since I diverted much of my disposable income towards apartment-related items, as well as a few too many splurges (oops).  As I begin my 28th year of life,here's to continuing to learn, grow and change my financial mentality as I work to become debt-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment